Learn everything you need to know about test tube pregnancy including the procedure of in-vitro fertilizations, the cause, and the main symptoms!
Test tube baby procedure or IVF (in-vitro fertilization) treatment is one of the most effective methods which help women conceive. The procedure includes fertilizing a woman’s egg outside the boy, embedded in a laboratory dish with the man’s sperm. Once the egg is being fertilized it is called an embryo and after a careful selection, the healthiest embryo is transferred to the woman’s uterus.
After the procedure is performed, the woman can continue with the daily normal activities. After two weeks a pregnancy test can be done in order to determine whether or not the procedure was successful.
During a tube pregnancy, the symptoms are exactly the same as in a normal pregnancy.
- Nausea and vomiting
- Light vaginal bleeding
- Lower abdominal pain
- Pain on one side of the body
- Sharp abdominal cramps
- Dizziness and weakness
If these symptoms during your tube pregnancy starting to get worse, make sure to consult your doctor right away.
The risks related to tube pregnancy include the possibility of ectopic pregnancy (a pregnancy located outside the inner lining of woman’s uterus) and multiple pregnancies (if more than one embryo is implanted). There is a slight risk of ovarian bleeding, rupture, infections and anesthesia complications. If the procedure is successful and tube pregnancy is achieved, then the pregnancy carries the exact same risks as a normal pregnancy.
The exact reason why women have damaged fallopian tubes is unknown, but these are few things that can damage the fallopian tubes and leave you with the option of test tube pregnancy:
- Smoking – It is proven that in some cases, smoking can damage the fallopian tubes.
- Exposed to chemical DES
- Endometriosis – It can cause scar tissue around or in the fallopian tubes
- Pelvic Inflammatory Disease – An often disease which results from infections such as gonorrhea or chlamydia.
Incoming search terms:
- difference between ivf and test tube baby
- difference between ivf and test tube baby in hindi
- what is the difference between ivf and test tube baby
- difference between test tube baby and ivf
- test tube pregnancy